Tuesday, August 23, 2011

John 3:16-17

It is official. I am horrible at keeping a blog. My goal is to be more consistent with posting.


We have been in school for one week. I absolutely love my second graders... all 26 of them! All but two of the children in my class are Haitian. Creole is their first language, but they all speak English very well. The children are from affluent Haitian families or local missionary families. I am excited to get to know them more and see how the Lord draws them closer to Himself.

Living on campus with the other teachers is such a blessing. We eat dinner together, play games together, and just talk about life. I am experiencing God's love and faithfulness through the people and the friendships here at QCS.

This morning Amber, Josiah and I got up early and went into a local village. This has been one of my favorite things to do! Josiah was in Haiti for a semester last year and started playing soccer with the some kids on the street. After he got to know them and form relationships with them, they took him to their house. Since then he has met their families and other people in their village. Going into the village and home of the Haitians is wonderful. The children are so joyful, welcoming, and eager to see you. Playing and loving on the children really puts in perspective what is important in life.


I am wrestling through how to serve and love the children on the streets in Haiti. I do not know specifically what that looks like right now. What I do know is that God loves each child on the street so much more that I can even fathom.

Over the past couple of days I have been greatly humbled and aware of all the brokenness in my life. Brokenness in my own heart and everywhere around me. God did not intend for all of this brokenness and sin in the world. He also does not intend to leave us or the world this way. God sent Jesus to die for our sins so we could be in relationship with Him. God is making us new and he is redeeming the world in which we live. Most days I wish this was a faster process, but I know God is sovereign and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers