Monday, August 1, 2011

a generation of change

I leave in 6 days! My life seems so surreal right now. I can not believe that next week I will be in Haiti. I will be living in the heat and humidity, with lots of bugs and mosquitos, eating beans and rice.  Sounds like tons of fun doesn't it? :)

I am really looking forward to starting this next phase in my life. Yes I am scared, anxious, and overwhelmed but the Lord has really given me a peace that surpasses all understanding.

Last night I was thinking about how it will be to have my own classroom. When I was little I used to set up my stuffed animals and teach them using my dad's history books. Time sure does fly by. Soon I will be meeting my real (not stuffed animals) 2nd graders. I am excited to teach the children in my class and help them grow into the person God created them to be. 

What is even more exciting is that I will be teaching in Haiti where amidst brokenness God is making things new. I am humbled that God would choose to use me to further His kingdom in this way. My prayer is that each child in my class would come to know the Lord in an intimate way. These children have the opportunity to be the next lawyers, doctors, teachers, and politicians of the country. I pray that they will be a generation that helps change Haiti for Christ!

1 comment:

  1. your blog makes me want to move to a country far far away... again.

    love it! can't wait to hear more!

    ps - when packing, space bags are your friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers