Sunday, August 14, 2011

1 week

I have officially been in Haiti for one week. I am overwhelmed with God's presence in my life. Amidst all the change I have experienced His peace, love, and faithfulness in way I have not experienced before. 

Students start class on Tuesday. I am excited to meet my 2nd graders and start the school year. God has put quite a task in front of me to educate and shape the minds of these children. The more I plan lessons the more I realize that I can not do what the Lord has called me to do in Haiti without His strength and guidance. 

Many of the students in my class are not believers. Many students come from a broken family. Many students lost parents in the earthquake. Many students are looking for love. 

My prayer is that each child would come to know Jesus and that they would begin to learn the importance of living a life completely surrender to Him. Please join me in praying that God would begin preparing the 2nd graders hearts and minds for great things this year! 

1 comment:

  1. Jillian, I am SO proud of you and you know I will be e-mailing you and Skyping.....but I just had to comment on this blog now. Your class does sound diverse, but the one thing that they ALL want and need is LOVE. And YOU, my dear granddaughter, have an abundance of THAT to give. The students (and everyone who meets you) will "come to know Jesus/God", because, after all God IS love !!

    I love you, Jillian Hall :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers