Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cooking

Today was a great day, but I am exhausted! At 9am this morning a few teachers got together to take cooking lessons from Milan- one of the Haitian cooks at the school.

First we made a list of the dishes that we were preparing, and then we headed down to the market (mache) to buy what we needed.
I love all the fresh veggies on the streets.
I felt very brave eating meat from the market. 
We went back to Tiffany's house to prepare pickliz, potato salad, beans and rice, beef taso, fried plantain, a marinade for the meat, red Haitian sauce and fresh lime juice.

Frying the plantains





After 7 hours of preparing food, we finally sat down to eat. I had no idea how long it was going to take to prepare everything. I would be lying if while we were learning to cook and prepare everything I said that I was not frustrated, hungry, and exhausted. 

God is definitely teaching me patience. I can only imagine how I frustrate God when I repeatedly choose my ways over His, when I trust myself rather than Him, or when I look for satisfaction in other things. I am so thankful that I serve a God full of love, mercy, and grace.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers