Tuesday, August 2, 2011

i am desperate for you

I went to Target with my mom today to get some things for Haiti. Among the more exciting things that we got were socks, towels, and vitamins. (I know, I know you are jealous)


We were checking out, and I started to get teary- eyed. I managed to make it out to the parking lot before I burst into tears. Once I stopped crying I said, "When I am in Haiti life seems so simple and these material things seem so insignificant."


It makes me cringe to think I separate my life in Haiti with my life in America. Truth is whether I am in Haiti or in America life is pretty simple...love God and love others.  I need to treasure things of the Kingdom rather than things of this world.


Today was a reminder of how much I need God. He has SO much to teach me.


I am absolutely unworthy. I am a total disaster. I am completely broken. I also know that Jesus died on the cross for my brokenness and imperfections. I know that He loves me. I know that in Him I am a new creation. I know that God is making me new.


 I pray for the strength to obey and trust God in all that He has called for me to do. I pray that my first love would be Jesus, and that I would say no to everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers