Monday, April 16, 2012

Giving God Tomorrow

It’s tempting to be distracted from the call of faithfulness today by the lure of tomorrow. 


God is teaching me to be content right where He has me. It is a hard thing for me to not let my mind wondering to the next day, year, or season in my life. As part of developing a heart of contentment and joy, I want to get in the of writing down moments/things for which I am thankful. 

Today I am thankful for these moments:

1. Being greeted with big hugs from the 2nd graders this morning
2. My students respectful attitudes during class
3. Hearing giggles of the 1st graders on the monkeybars
4. A cool afternoon breeze
5. Jogging around the campus with children running behind me
6. Pleasant lunch conversations with my students
7. Dave's excitement to sit in my lap while tutoring 
8. Alexa sharing her popcorn with me during snack
9. Black coffee
10. Ice cold water
11. A desire to workout
12. Nathaniel and Josiah cooking a delicious dinner to share
13. Great friends and conversations about life
14. Prayer time with Kellyanne 
15. Jello
16. Amber's cookie treat
17. A purring cat to snuggle with 
18. Candlelight
19. Encouraging skype call with Sarah
20. Patience to get through the school day

God is always surrounding me with His goodness, love, and faithfulness. I just have to choose to see it.  Join me in praying for a heart of contentment in serving the Lord moment by moment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers