Monday, April 23, 2012

LeAnn Visits Haiti!

Last year, around this time, I remember the countless conversations I had with LeAnn about the pros and cons of teaching in Haiti. I remember her saying, "Jill, stop worry and just go. It's only one year out of your entire life." Her down to earth comments were always exactly what I needed to hear when I was being my overanalyzing self. Throughout college she spoke truth into my life and demonstrated how to live authentically for Christ. The Lord has used LeAnn to truly impacted who I am today!

Having LeAnn here to visit for the weekend was so special!  She was able to meet my Haiti family, my 2nd graders, and experience a bit of Haiti life.

Here is a quick glimpse of what we did! 

I braved the Haitian roads and drove to the airport with Amber to pick LeAnn up on Saturday morning. (She missed her Friday flight just to get me Chickfila!) 


Saturday afternoon we visited Madame Joseph's family. LeAnn even received a French lesson with Cassandra. 

Sunday night we enjoyed our chicken dinners. Of course I ate the best meal of my life while LeAnn ate street chicken! 

 On Monday,  LeAnn spent the day with my 2nd graders. We loved having her there.

Annabel, Alexa, and LeAnn enjoying lunch at the picnic tables.

I am so thankful that LeAnn came to visit. It was so special to share my life in Haiti with her! 

Who wants to come to visit next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers