Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Last day of School!

Today was our last day of school. There were many days that I thought I wouldn't survive the year, but God proved Himself faithful. Looking back I am amazed at God's goodness and grace.


Here are just a few of the things my 2nd graders have taught me: 

It is not possible to control others. 
God desires a heart that is broken over sin.  
Life is simple.
A hug can help make a bad day better. 
White people eat mangos with a fork and knife. 
Words are powerful. 
Attitudes affect others. 
We all were shown grace and need to extend it to others. 
We are not perfect.
I speak Creole with too much of an American accent. 
God loves us despite our imperfections. 
There are never too many questions. 
There are consequences for our actions. 


There were days that my 2nd graders made me want to pull my hair out. There were days when I lost my patience too quickly. There were days I got teary eyed when I saw glimpes of my students tender hearts. There were days when my students were perfectly well behaved. There were days when my students said exactly what was on their mind no matter how blunt it was. There were days when everything I taught made perfect sense. There were days when my students did not learn a thing.


Each day was different. Each day was special.

More important that anything this year, my 2nd graders have pointed me toward Jesus. What a wonderful, wonderful blessing they have been!




1 comment:

Followers