Sunday, October 2, 2011

True Community

I am beyond blessed by the people here in Haiti. Friday night I spent the night at the Ackerman's house up in the mountains. Mrs. Ackerman is the kindergarden teacher at QCS, and her husband works as a nurse in local clinic. We had great conversations about missions and life in Haiti. It was such a blessing to escape the city and be so welcomed in their home.

On Saturday night about 20 people got together to have a game night. It was so much fun to play games and get to know the different/ funnier sides of people. There were people of all ages there and in all different walks of life- singles, newly married couples, couples with young children, couples with older children, and couples that have retired. It was a late night full of fun and laughter.

This morning after church the Ooostland family took me out to lunch. Their daughter, Jenna, is in my 2nd grade class. It was such a blessing spending time getting to know them better. 

God is so incredible. I am amazed at how he knows my needs, wants, and desires even more than I know my own. I am in awe of how God uses his people in all walks of life to further His kingdom and bring Him glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers