Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all"

This summer God has really shown me the importance of being honest. Being honest with others, being honest with myself, and being honest with God. Reading through the Psalms reminds me of how I need to be transparent before God. As I lay my heart before the Lord and surrender my own ways, He will take care of me in ways that I cannot even begin to imagine. He will love me, comfort me, and give me peace. 

I am scared of all that comes with living and teaching in Haiti for the next couple of years, BUT I am really excited as well. 

Here are some of the things that I am SO excited about:

-Learning more about the Haitian culture
-Serving God by teaching
-Loving on the children in my class
-Ridding my life of all the extra "stuff"  
-Meeting new people
-Experiencing God in new ways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers